Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Landscape Designers Ireland

This morning as I was stopped in traffic approaching Dundrum village in South Dublin I noticed a Landrover Discovery, silver in colour just in front of me. It belonged to a garden design company called Landscape Developments. Their website is very professional, you can access a good deal of their portfolio of projects. I'm fairly sure they did the landscaping for the apartments at South Meade on the Dundrum Ballinteer road. Anyway Landscape Developments who are operated by Brian Considine and Alan Murphy have twenty years experience of working in garden design; hence the impressive designs which they complete are to be applauded.

Several posts previous I was discussing Irish garden and landscape design blogs, well here is a very useful and practical online service called Irish Landscaping Services. This website is your one-stop shop for finding quality garden designers and landscape contractors.

Savvy Landscaping, while this is not an Irish blog, the writer is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the USA, nonetheless
it contains subject matter of interest to garden designers and anyone who likes well shot garden and landscape photographs.

Helen Dillon's famous garden is located only a stone's throw from where I write this blog. She is the well known gardener and plants woman who writes in the popular Garden Heaven magazine. She is also a prolific author having penned many books on the subjects of gardening and plant collecting. Her garden at 45 Sandford Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, Ireland is well worth a visit.

While GardenDesigner.com is not an Irish website it is however a very intuitive online garden design resource. I always believe that interesting design ideas emanate from the USA. Yes I could be wrong in this, but it must be said that the Americans produce some of the most outstanding landscape designs found any where on the planet.

In the next post I am hoping to have found a few more Irish based gardening/design blogs and websites. Also I will be researching garden and landscape design blogs - websites written by Irish people living abroad. So watch this space!


Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:31 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there Thomas.
I have really enjoyed looking through your blog, especially your piece on Irish gardening blogs.


Let me to introduce myself, my name is James Kilkelly and I am a horticulturalist based in Co. Galway, Ireland.
As a garden writer, I contribute a weekly garden column to over 20 Irish regional newspapers, but I have also been working on an Irish horticultural resource. This new project is an online forum and article site dedicated to gardening in Ireland, www.irishgardeners.com

Now, the site aims to offer free access to a wealth of horticultural information specific to Ireland, by providing help from fellow gardeners and the opportunity to discuss all the best gardening techniques, both new and old. It is my earnest hope that the site is a help to all current and future (Irish) gardeners.

One section of the site dedicated to the native trees and shrubs of Ireland, may be of special interest to yourself ...... http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about1031.html

Irishgardeners.com may be of interest to your website visitors, if so, a link from your site would be greatly appreciated, as this would enable it to be found by those people who require it. It is in its infancy, but new and knowledgeable members are joining us daily. If you get an opportunity, pop in and say hello.
Good luck in the future with your own business and website, the future looks bright.

By the way, please keep me updated with any news or events you have up and coming, so that I can alert the members and readers of my site.
Thanking you in advance.
James.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home